- Black pan for rendering animal fat (schmaltz)
- High sides with chrome rim and two handles
- Available in sizes ranging from 20 to 30 cm diameter
- Suitable for all types of cookers (gas, electric, ceramic, induction, open flame)
- For energy-efficient cooking
- Suitable for ovens
- Cut and scratch-resistant
- Prevents bacteria growth and is flavour-neutral
- Easy to clean
- CO2-neutral production in Austria
Our black enamel schmaltz pan used to be a feature in almost every household as schmaltz and crackling was mostly made at home. Schmaltz is not just a spread for bread, in fact it used to be used as fat for frying many types of food such as schnitzel or jam-filled doughnuts. As schmaltz consumption vary greatly depending on household size, our pans come in sizes ranging from 20 to 30 cm in diameter and 1 to 5 litres in capacity. We also have a maxi schmaltz pan, which has a diameter of 45 cm and a capacity of 18 litres.
Enamel is made from iron fused with glass at high temperatures, therefore it’s made from natural raw materials.
Our enamel cookware is suitable for use with all types of cookers (gas, electric, ceramic, induction and even open flame). Thanks to the iron core, the heat is conducted quickly and is then retained. This ensures sustainable, energy-efficient cooking.
The non-porous, smooth, glass surface guarantees perfect hygiene, as it’s flavour-neutral, prevents bacteria growth and is easy to clean. When used and cared for properly, our enamel cookware can provide years of cooking enjoyment and will maintain its characteristic glossy appearance.
As well as for its traditional purpose, the schmaltz pan can also
be used for other dishes where a high-sided pan is needed, such as for frying schnitzel or vegetables, or stewing meat or vegetables without a lid.